Buttercream For Humidity

Decorating By Jennycakes2 Updated 13 Jul 2017 , 9:25pm by kakeladi

Jennycakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennycakes2 Posted 11 Jul 2017 , 1:38pm
post #1 of 3

Can the Indydebi's Crisco-Based Buttercream Icing recipe be tweaked for flavors such as vanilla bean, white chocolate and peanut butter and still withstand the HUMIDITY? I have a wedding taht i am doing this weekend and the humidity is high and the even will be outside. Any help or suggestions??

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Jul 2017 , 10:56pm
post #2 of 3

in my experience peanut butter can get funky in icing -- add in the heat, idk -- i would not do a white chocolate icing for an outdoor wedding --

i added a quarter cup wondra flour in my american buttercream to help it withstand humidity --

but i discouraged outdoor wedding receptions -- rarely had to do them -- i advised that you lose half the bang of your cake -- that it's the focal point of the reception and if you can't set it out to be enjoyed -- what's the point -- 

hope it all works out for you

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Jul 2017 , 9:25pm
post #3 of 3

As K8 said, the only change I would be concerned about is the use of PB.  Otherwise I have found unless it is very humid, ABC dries out rather than melts in high heat.  Adding vanilla bean seeds or white choco should not effect the outcome at all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%