Modeling Chocolate

Decorating By ashleyj Updated 4 Jul 2017 , 5:44pm by SandraSmiley

ashleyj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashleyj Posted 4 Jul 2017 , 5:33am
post #1 of 4

I am new to using modeling chocolate and have been reading great things about it. I'm tired of making fondant figurines and toppers so far in advance. I need to make a boy fisherman for a cake topper and am wondering do I put it together all at the same time and is a toothpick needed to attach the head or do I just attach it with sugar glue? And if I keep it out overnight will it be hardened by the next day?

Thank You!

3 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 4 Jul 2017 , 2:57pm
post #2 of 4

Modeling chocolate if pretty firm all by itself, so you can do as much at one time as you choose.  It would be your choice whether to use a toothpick to attach the head since modeling chocolate allows you to blend it in seamlessly.  I don't usually make small cake toppers, but I always use an armature inside my modeling chocolate figures.  If they are small and squatty, they probably would not need it.Modeling Chocolate

ashleyj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashleyj Posted 4 Jul 2017 , 4:07pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks so much!!

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 4 Jul 2017 , 5:44pm
post #4 of 4

@ashleyj ‍, one note on modeling chocolate - it will get soft and start to get greasy if it gets too warm from your hands.  If this happens, just walk away for a minute...only takes five minutes or less...and let it cool off.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%