Best Way To Glue Things To Sode Of Fondant Cake

Decorating By kristiemarie Updated 29 Jun 2017 , 11:07pm by kristiemarie

kristiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiemarie Posted 29 Jun 2017 , 1:53pm
post #1 of 5

I want something that will be like cement.  Lol. 

is sugar glue going to dry hard?  I've heard chocolate....can I use white chocolate and will it cement small Gumpaste flowers to the side of a cake?  or royal icing? Will that do the job? 

Thanks!!!!

4 replies
kristiemarie Posted 29 Jun 2017 , 1:57pm
post #2 of 5

Also, royal icing would be the ideal way because I'll be assembling this cake on site and would like to have the royal icing dyed to match the fondant prior to arrival.  But if it's not the best....I'm willing to work around this!

Jocey1358 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jocey1358 Posted 29 Jun 2017 , 10:12pm
post #3 of 5

I'd say royal icing. Just make sure the consistency is thick enough, but not too thick that you can't get it out of the bag, to hold the flowers depending on the size. If you decide to go with royal icing make sure you keep it covered so that it doesn't get hard or develop a skin, especially the piping tip. I keep a damp napkin around the tip when I'm not using it to keep it moist. 

Goodluck!!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Jun 2017 , 10:14pm
post #4 of 5

Since you will already have the royal on hand then go ahead and use it. The problem I for see it that it might take a few seconds of holding each item on the cake to get the royal to set enough to hold it.    I would recommend the white choco otherwise. 

kristiemarie Posted 29 Jun 2017 , 11:07pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks!! I think I'll do the royal.  Easiest way to go this time!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%