How To Make Philadelphia In The Tub Into A Stiff Cream Cheese Frosting

Decorating By nigerianprincess Updated 27 Jun 2017 , 11:11pm by SandraSmiley

nigerianprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nigerianprincess Posted 27 Jun 2017 , 9:33am
post #1 of 5

Hi guys I'm going to be making a cream cheese frosting with Philadelphia cream cheese which is the soft one in the tub and I'm going to make it with marscapone and whipping cream. 

How can I prevent the cream cheese frosting from being runny due to its softness. I need a really stiff cream cheese to spread on my red velvet cake ?!

thanks in advance guys xx

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Jun 2017 , 9:34pm
post #2 of 5

You may need to add some powdered sugar to get it stiff enough.  Spreading *stiff* icing on a cake is not recommended. Med or thin cinsistency is recommended as stiff can easily tear the cake &/or cause crumbs to 'dirty' your creations.  So be careful thickening it up if it even needs it.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 27 Jun 2017 , 10:02pm
post #3 of 5

Why will you be using cream cheese if you are using marscapone?  Why the spreadable cream cheese instead of the block form?  Marscapone is softer than regular (not spreadable) cream cheese anyway.  I've also never heard of cream cheese frosting made with whipping cream.  Your list of ingredients sounds way too soft for a good, stable frosting to me.  I've made a whole lot of Red Velvet cakes and a bunch of others with cream cheese buttercream type frosting and it works perfectly and tastes delicious.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Jun 2017 , 10:06pm
post #4 of 5

Sandra, maybe they are not in the US....and it's all that's available there.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 27 Jun 2017 , 11:11pm
post #5 of 5

Good point, @kakeladi ‍.  I didn't think of that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%