Russian/ukrainian Peeps I Need Your Help.

Baking By aldonza

aldonza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aldonza Posted 25 Jun 2017 , 2:37pm
post #1 of 1

I live in Ohio and we have a Melting Pot of ethnicities. We have a high Russian population. I would love to bake cakes for them. Most go to the Russian import store and order their cakes and they are shipped from New York.  My dear friend gave me her grandmother's recipes that she translated for me. She also stated that the ingredients are different or of different quality in Russia as opposed to here and my cake may not turn out the same. I made a praga cake and she told me it's wrong even though I followed the recipe to the letter. She said see I told you the ingredients are different here. I would also like to be able to make the popular Napoleon cake and any other type of cake that would be great for a birthday celebration. Spasibo!

Fyi if you are not Russian and are unfamiliar with how Russians celebrate birthdays let me paint a picture for you. It's usually held at a Russian restaurant. You get dressed up like you are going to a wedding. It's like a wedding reception with a band and dancing. Vodka. Lots of toasting. Food, food, and more food.... it's.... never....ending. vodka. Dancing. It is extremely important to the host or Hostess that you are having a good time. Don't worry you will. They have very extravagant and delicious cake! The entire Place sings Happy Birthday to you and you walk out on the dance floor and they present you with your cake. Seriously there's like sparklers and fireworks and stuff on the cake I swear. It's very different (taste and texture) from American cake. Take Uber home.

It would be my dream to be the go to person for Russian cakes. Perhaps I'll get invited to a party or two lol

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%