Diagonal Lines Help!

Decorating By Shaz1984 Updated 26 Jun 2017 , 1:04pm by Coffeelover77

Shaz1984 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shaz1984 Posted 22 Jun 2017 , 8:43pm
post #1 of 4

hello all!

I am making a full sheet cake for a graduation. I am going to do a wide band that goes up the sides, across the top (top - bottom), & down the other side. It is going to be the same design as the school uniform tie. The tie is striped diagonally in 3 different colours ( 2 wide, 1 thin). My question is what is the best way to do this so the stripes are nice a clean next to each other. The cake is to be all buttercream so fondant is out. I don't think buttercream transfer is an option because i want it to continue down the sides. Not sure if piping it is a good idea...Thought about painting it.....but would like some other ideas/way. thanksblush

3 replies
Bakerlady2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakerlady2 Posted 24 Jun 2017 , 12:42pm
post #2 of 4

Not sure how wide your talking about , but you could use buttercream and the cake icer tip from Wilton. Tip #789 .

Rachel19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachel19 Posted 26 Jun 2017 , 3:41am
post #3 of 4

The only thing I can think of that doesn't involve fondant is painting.  I would use something to mark where the stripes should be and use Edible Art Paints.  I think theirs work well on buttercream.

Coffeelover77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coffeelover77 Posted 26 Jun 2017 , 1:04pm
post #4 of 4

wilton tip 44 and wilton tip 45. Both are ribbon tips I believe of different widths. So pipe the wide, then narrow then wide alongside each other.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%