Can I Put Fondant Model Decorations In Fridge?

Decorating By Rosstracc Updated 3 days ago by Rachel19

Rosstracc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosstracc Posted 5 days ago
post #1 of 7

I'm making a buttercream covered chocolate cake filled with Oreo cream cheese. The sides and top of cake are going to have some fondant decorations, will these be ok to put on the cake and store in fridge overnight? I've added a picture of the cake. Please help.Can I Put Fondant Model Decorations In Fridge?

6 replies
cutiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutiger Posted 5 days ago
post #2 of 7

I'm not sure I would chance it, especially in summer.  Personally, I think you would be better off leaving the decorations off, which will give them additional time to dry, and put them on right before delivery.  But I am no expert...use crusting buttercream so I don't refrigerate cakes.  I do know condensation isn't good for fondant, though.  Good luck with your cake!

640Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
640Cake Posted 5 days ago
post #3 of 7

You'll be fine to decorate and place in the fridge. If the fondant does sweat, just don't touch it and it'll dissipate.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 5 days ago
post #4 of 7

If it we my cake, I would go ahead an apply the fondant decorations to the sides of the cake.  I've done this many times without a problem.  Since it will be very easy to add the makeup to the top of the cake, I would wait until I removed it from the refrigerator and add them right before delivery. 

Rosstracc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosstracc Posted 4 days ago
post #5 of 7

Ok so it's ok to add the fondant to the sides and put in fridge?

640Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
640Cake Posted 4 days ago
post #6 of 7

Yes :)  If you have time, you can test it out yourself, so you know how it will work/look...let it sit in the fridge overnight and take it out in the morning.  You will see the different "stages" it goes through when coming to room temp.  In the end, the fondant will look just as it did when placed into the fridge.  That has been my experience anyway :)

Rachel19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachel19 Posted 3 days ago
post #7 of 7

Absolutely!  I put fondant cakes in the fridge all the time, and live in humid Florida!  The cake will sweat during transport, but dries up quickly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%