Freezing A Cake

Baking By ellimak13 Updated 18 Jun 2017 , 7:55pm by kakeladi

ellimak13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellimak13 Posted 18 Jun 2017 , 7:35pm
post #1 of 3

Hi, 

If I plan to freeze my cake days before my order... when baking should I allow my cake time to cool or should I just put it in the freezer . I've heard that putting in the freezer after out of the oven retains moisture , and I've heard that I should allow it to sit out to cool then wrap and freeze . I'm not sure what's the best method . 

Thank you 

2 replies
WyMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WyMommy Posted 18 Jun 2017 , 7:55pm
post #2 of 3

I personally let it cool enough so it won't break and tear then wrap in shrink wrap and freeze it. I have done a hot cake if the day is over and I am tired! Honestly no different to me! I really strive to make moist cakes from the baking beginning.  It is a tough call! 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Jun 2017 , 7:55pm
post #3 of 3

I prefer to cool the cakes at least 10-20 minutes before fzing.  That makes them easier to handle.   Turned right out of the pan onto plastic wrap does not give you a level cake (often).   Usually I'm baking up many layers and it takes time to take them out of the oven, level them to the pan heigth, & turn them out so by the time I have done that w/all of them the 1st ones have cooled enough to handle/wrap up.   You really don't loose that much moisture by waiting and fz'ing  spreads the moisture throughout the cake making them very moist.   

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%