How To Charge For Just Fondant Cupcake Toppers, Cake Pops, Chocolate Covered Treats, Candied Apples, Cookies Etc..

Lounge By creativesweetsbycatina Updated 7 Jul 2017 , 4:49pm by SandraSmiley

creativesweetsbycatina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
creativesweetsbycatina Posted 16 Jun 2017 , 2:26am
post #1 of 5

I Am Starting A Home Custom Cake Business..I Was Just Wondering What Is The Profitable Price For The Sweet Treats And Fondant Toppers That Makes Clients Events More Memorable? Im Thinking Since Its Very Time Consuming Should I Charge By The Hour As Well As The Design?

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Jun 2017 , 8:53pm
post #2 of 5

Do a search on the internet so see what others are charging for you to buy such items and come up w/a price you think it comfortable for your area.   Personally I would not charge by the hour such as "Oh, you want a horse, that takes me 2 hours so it would be $XX per hr or a total of $XXX".   Just state a final price, don;t give more info than necessary.

creativesweetsbycatina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
creativesweetsbycatina Posted 16 Jun 2017 , 9:57pm
post #3 of 5

Yes That Sounds Like A Great Idea.. I Noticed That Some Cake Designers Are Charging 3.00 to 4.00 Dollars Per Apple And Adding On Designs .50 Cent Per Design.. I Think That By Them Adding On Additional Designs The Price Per Apple Adds Up To 7.00 For Each Apple...Thanks For The Advice

Fairlysweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fairlysweet Posted 7 Jul 2017 , 2:28pm
post #4 of 5

Hi I do not charge by the hour. I set a final price for all of my work.  I was wondering if anyone knows much about printing images onto Oreos and apple or just printing images period. I'm relatively new to this world.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 7 Jul 2017 , 4:49pm
post #5 of 5

@Fairlysweet ‍, you cannot print onto an Oreo or an apple.  You could apply a printed image.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%