Pistachio Cake?

Baking By Miss.Reynolds Updated 28 Jun 2017 , 11:23pm by -K8memphis

Miss.Reynolds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Miss.Reynolds Posted 12 Jun 2017 , 6:04pm
post #1 of 12

Hi all! 

So I've been asked to do a pistachio cake and for the first time in a while I am a little clueless. Does anyone have a good recipe for this? I also saw a Pistachio extract online however the reviews say that it taste like chemicals and nothing like Pistachio. I want to make sure the flavor comes through for this pregnant lady! lol. 

Thanks!

11 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 12 Jun 2017 , 6:15pm
post #2 of 12

I have made this many, many times and, as simple and elementary as it sounds, it has always been a huge success with everyone.  I see no reason this recipe could not be made as a layer cake instead of a sheet cake, if that is your choice.  The recipe calls for pecans, but I have used pistachios, too and it is good either way.

Miss.Reynolds Posted 12 Jun 2017 , 8:18pm
post #3 of 12

Oh great! Thank you! @SandraSmiley ‍ Is there a link in which I can see the recipe?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Jun 2017 , 9:27pm
post #4 of 12

Yes, one can make a good tasting pistachio cake by adding 1/3 to 1/2 cup of very well chopped (ground?) nuts to any basic white, yellow, or fr. vanilla cake.   I have done it using this recipe:      http://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/7445/the-original-wasc-cake-recipe    Some people have added a drop or two (no more!) to the batter for a light green color. 

SandraSmiley Posted 12 Jun 2017 , 10:43pm
post #5 of 12

http://www.food.com/recipe/watergate-cake-with-cover-up-icing-190069

@Miss.Reynolds ‍, I am so sorry!  That is the second time today that I forgot to attach the link!  Here you go.

Miss.Reynolds Posted 13 Jun 2017 , 4:54pm
post #6 of 12

Thank you both! I will give these a try! 

Miss.Reynolds Posted 28 Jun 2017 , 4:08am
post #7 of 12

Thank you @SandraSmiley ‍ and @kakeladi ‍ for the pistachio cake advice! I mixed both recipes together and it was a huge hit!. Even people who didn't like pistachio had a slice. Thanks again!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 Jun 2017 , 2:16pm
post #8 of 12

sometimes the extracts and oils do taste funny -- but it is also easy to overdo it with these items so use it discreetly -- like the lorann oils are measured in drops -- when we are used to teaspoons kwim --

also there is pistachio pudding that can be added to a cake mix -- just another thought 

-K8memphis Posted 28 Jun 2017 , 2:17pm
post #9 of 12

oh you already made it -- duh on me stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

SandraSmiley Posted 28 Jun 2017 , 2:40pm
post #10 of 12

So glad it the worked for you @Miss.Reynolds!  @-K8memphis ‍, the recipe I shared does use pistachio pudding.

Miss.Reynolds Posted 28 Jun 2017 , 2:44pm
post #11 of 12

laughing Thank you @k8memphis. I did use the pudding! 

-K8memphis Posted 28 Jun 2017 , 11:23pm
post #12 of 12

you both are so sweet -- thanks blush

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%