Are Dessert Tables Still Trendy?

Business By OHaresTstyTrts Updated 30 Oct 2017 , 4:02am by Cake-Monster

OHaresTstyTrts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OHaresTstyTrts Posted 7 Jun 2017 , 8:22pm
post #1 of 4

I had someone ask me if I do dessert tables recently. I thought this trend died? Is this something other cake businesses/bakeries are still getting requests for? I am redoing my website and figured if I added it, now would be a good time. If I wanted to add dessert table baked goods to my menu, I was thinking of doing it in package sizes. If they had X amount of people and want 3 small items per person, they could pick package A for example. I would not be doing equipment rentals. It would just be the baked goods that they would have to set up themselves. Is this is even worth pricing out in the current market?   

3 replies
OHaresTstyTrts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OHaresTstyTrts Posted 26 Oct 2017 , 9:43pm
post #2 of 4

I'm bumping this since I didn't get a response. :)

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 27 Oct 2017 , 12:39am
post #3 of 4

I am a hobby baker and do only the occasional special event cake for a few clients.  I have not had a request for a desert table, but I see that several of my professional friends still do them.  A few even specialize in desert tables.

Cake-Monster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake-Monster Posted 30 Oct 2017 , 4:02am
post #4 of 4

I started my job in July, so I missed a lot of June weddings but still saw a decent amount of this year's summer wedding season. Several wedding cakes each week, and not one dessert table or dessert package, whatever you want to call it. We just recently had an order for 500 pastries from a venue, but it wasn't even a wedding as far as I know. But we did all the usual kinds of things, brownies, eclairs, cream puffs, mini cupcakes, tartlets, etc. Then they liked it so much they ordered it again the next week. It's a bitch setting those orders up and keeping track of it all, easily a two day process, especially with filling all the eclairs and cream puffs.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%