Faux Wedding Cake

Baking By Ne3idip Updated 4 Jun 2017 , 3:06pm by Ne3idip

Ne3idip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ne3idip Posted 1 Jun 2017 , 10:25pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone,

How much would you pay for this dummy wedding cake that has 5 tiers and is 2.5 ft tall? I made it for my wedding and now trying to figure out how to price it and sell. Appreciate any input!

Faux Wedding Cake

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Jun 2017 , 10:32pm
post #2 of 5

Base your pricing on the # of servings.  Probably around $5 per serving.  You need to check pricing in your area........soooooooo many different factors involved.......how long did it take; show much is invested in ingredients......what type of area do you live in - rural, small town, big city, BIG expensive city etc - what is the coast of living.....places like NYC vs small rural area in TX means a BIG difference in what one can charge.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 2 Jun 2017 , 2:26pm
post #3 of 5

Another option would be to lease or rent it for a couple of hundred dollars, then bring it back home and do it again.  That would be a really inexpensive way for a bride to have a showy cake, you would recoup your cost on one rental and any other rentals would be profit.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 3 Jun 2017 , 7:32pm
post #4 of 5

Oh dumb me :(  I didn't realize this was a 'rental' cake.  My suggestion of pricing was based on real cake.  Soooooo There have been some people who have built a rather nice business renting out faux cakes.  Don't expect them to be returned totally in perfect condition.  You might only get one rental out of it, but thn again, maybe as many as 1/2 dz.   I have read of many times that they get damaged.  For rental purposes I would suggest a price around 1/3 to 1/2 if what a 'real' cake would go for.

Ne3idip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ne3idip Posted 4 Jun 2017 , 3:06pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%