Which Ovens Are You Using?

Baking By CannonsCakes Updated 24 May 2017 , 8:53pm by CannonsCakes

CannonsCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CannonsCakes Posted 23 May 2017 , 6:02pm
post #1 of 3

I own a commercial bakery and we have been in business for over 30 years.  Currently we are running some vulcan double stack convection ovens, a double stack blodgette convection oven and an off brand name we got a few years ago.  6 ovens in total, but they are getting to the end of their life.  I am super happy with the Vulcans we have and the blodgette's seem to dry out cake.  So I was curious as to what everyone else is using and how they like it.  My instinct says stick with the Vulcan's (they have outlasted many other ovens, but when they need to be fixed its expensive).  Also is anyone using steam injection for cakes or breads?  I see this option in a lot of the new ovens.  Hope to hear some great input!

2 replies
MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 24 May 2017 , 12:56pm
post #2 of 3

CakeCentral is a great site for sharing information, but most members are either home bakers/decorators or small home-based businesses. You may want to consider joining the Retail Bakers of America (RBA) which has a forum for these kinds of questions aimed at large commercial bakeries.

CannonsCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CannonsCakes Posted 24 May 2017 , 8:53pm
post #3 of 3

I am already a member, but thank you.  No one seems to reply on those message boards  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%