Help With Cream Cheese Frosting Using Sam's Club Buttercream

Decorating By makenice99 Updated 6 Jun 2017 , 6:28pm by CannonsCakes

makenice99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makenice99 Posted 23 May 2017 , 3:07pm
post #1 of 6

I love the taste and convenience of using Sam’s club buttercream.  I have tried several times now to use it with cream cheese for my carrot and red velvet cake.  It never comes out right.  It taste amazing when I finish blending it’s all nice and smooth, just beautiful.  About 15 mins later when I am ready to fill and frost the cake it has begun to separate.  There are small chunks of the cream cheese that are sticking out and clogging the pastry bag.  It isn't a smooth finish on the cake 

Is there a way to do it correctly and avoid this or is scratch cream cheese buttercream the only way to go?

Thanks for all advise

5 replies
Silmarpinsar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Silmarpinsar Posted 23 May 2017 , 8:56pm
post #2 of 6

Let me see if I understand this completely. The problem you are experiencing is with cream cheese bc from scratch? I'm doing my first batch today and I've heard a lot that you might have to refrigerate the buttercream for it to set, before you frost anything with it... It may have something to do with this! I live in a very humid country, so I'm trying an extra stable recipe for mine: 

Hope it helps! 

makenice99 Posted 26 May 2017 , 2:03pm
post #3 of 6

Wow, thanks so much.  I guess I am going to have to use this scratch receipe.  I was just adding the creamcheese to the already made  Sam's club buttercream.

CannonsCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CannonsCakes Posted 26 May 2017 , 5:09pm
post #4 of 6

We make a cream cheese icing using our buttercream and adding butter and cream cheese to it already made (much like your application).  Make sure your buttercream, cream cheese, and butter is at room temperature and so squishy its almost runny , this will help incorporate your ingredients, and beat the living s*&t out of it.  Then refrigerate ....also make sure that you are not freezing your cream cheese, it will ruin it by itself.  Once your icing is made you can freeze it.

makenice99 Posted 5 Jun 2017 , 3:06pm
post #5 of 6

Hi,

Thank you both so very much I have tried it both ways now.. Yes Cannons Cakes having the creamcheese and butter at room temperature and beating a whole lot longer made the difference.  It was all nice and whipped like a cool whip texture almost.  It worked, just took a little longer to dry and firm up for the fondant. 

CannonsCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CannonsCakes Posted 6 Jun 2017 , 6:28pm
post #6 of 6

Glad I could help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%