Bake Sale Packaging Ideas

Business By has4 Updated 30 May 2017 , 1:59am by johnson6ofus

has4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
has4 Posted 22 May 2017 , 1:24pm
post #1 of 4

Hi all,

I have an event coming up in which I will be selling cake slices, cupcakes and brownies. This will be an outdoor event, somewhat like a carnival, so many people coming and going. 

My question is, would it be best to sell the cakes to customers with plates and spoons to eat on the day, or invest extra money in providing boxes for the customers. I am trying to minimise costs as much as possible, but feel as though plates would look unprofessional while selling. 

Any thoughts on this?

Many thanks :)

3 replies
chefamyk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefamyk Posted 22 May 2017 , 3:07pm
post #2 of 4

Good day! I've previously sold products at farmer's markets where it was more like an event that just a market.  In my experience, having everything packed individually was the best bet.  That way, I already had my products ready to go when patrons would come up and order.  Also, it gives you a little more protection against things like bugs or maybe the wind blowing things around.  People have the option of eating right away, eating part of it and saving the rest, or just taking it home.  I personally use Papermart.com...you can purchase simple to fancy packaging for your desserts at a fair wholesale price.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 22 May 2017 , 3:21pm
post #3 of 4

For cupcakes, you can buy fancy plastic cupcake keepers, OR, use an upside down 9 ounce clear cup and lid.  The lid has a raised ring that holds the bottom of the cupcake in place, and unless you are putting mounds of icing on top, you will have plenty of space for the cupcake.  Remember, upside down.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 30 May 2017 , 1:59am
post #4 of 4

And those "cups" make great portions for a cup of cookies too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%