A Lighthouse Cake

Baking By newbeeatcakes Updated 24 May 2017 , 1:14pm by newbeeatcakes

newbeeatcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newbeeatcakes Posted 18 May 2017 , 11:39pm
post #1 of 5

Hi

I would like to make a lighthouse cake. Could anyone suggest how can I make a tall tapering tower structure for the light house? Thanks!

4 replies
cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 19 May 2017 , 10:40am
post #2 of 5

Stack cakes on top of one another and carve into shape.  Use a central dowel to hold it all in position

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 19 May 2017 , 5:24pm
post #3 of 5

Dowel will be the key. Depending on height, you will also have to add supports/ cake boards every 3 or 4 inches in height.

Exactly the same concept as a tiered wedding cake except all equal (or similar) sized tiers.

If it is a small tall structure, then make it out of rice krispies and put a dowel in the bottom to attach to cake. The questions is, is it just a lighthouse, or a lighthouse on an island with ocean around it---that is, is there other cake around the "topper" which is the lighthouse?

newbeeatcakes Posted 24 May 2017 , 1:11pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks cazza1. The dowel is a great tip.

newbeeatcakes Posted 24 May 2017 , 1:14pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for your reply Johnson6ofus. I am planning it to be just a lighthouse (with a few decoration pieces around). So yes, it would be a tall structure. About the cake supports - I guess I should be carving the cake first and then assemble it later with cake supports. Right?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%