Making Poppies Out Of Gumpaste

Decorating By rdevon Updated 20 May 2017 , 1:03pm by rdevon

rdevon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rdevon Posted 18 May 2017 , 12:40pm
post #1 of 9

I have made poppies before but want a set of cutters and veiners, perhaps from England. Can some one advise what is a good set of cutters, what brand, and also what brand of veiner? I want to make a 4" flower.

8 replies
MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 18 May 2017 , 10:29pm
post #2 of 9

MBalaska Posted 19 May 2017 , 2:27am
post #3 of 9

Well I guess that the 1st time I wrote, it got lost.  Petal Crafts, SugarDelites, SugarArtStudios, GlobalSugarArt, & Amazon all have cutters & veiner sets.  I just can't remember where I bought mine it was a couple of years ago........ and I have room for improvement.

rdevon Posted 19 May 2017 , 5:18am
post #4 of 9

Your poppy is beautiful! I found a set at Sugar Art Studio I think I might get. I want a veiner with really good definition. Sometimes the veiners don't make deep grooves. Yours looks very life like! Thank you for sharing.

Gingerlocks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingerlocks Posted 19 May 2017 , 3:04pm
post #5 of 9

This was my first attempt at poppies..you'll have to excuse the shine, I had just steamed them. I'm from Canada but I picked up the cutters and veiners from a place just outside London in September. I believe it was called  Suburton Sugar Craft (the spelling might be wrong on that); their store was in Kingston Upon Thames. I know they have an online store because when I went in and they saw how much I bought they were like "find us on Facebook we'd be more than HAPPY to ship to Canada for you!". 

Cher2309b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cher2309b Posted 19 May 2017 , 10:50pm
post #6 of 9

I bought my poppy cutters and veiners from Iced Affair in Camperdown, Sydney, Australia.  (not quite in England) Not sure of the brands - cutters may be Framar. May need to scan down the picture; I couldn't work out how to post it smaller.

900_2OrLlwqqSZ-stained-glass-poppy-cake.jpg

MBalaska Posted 19 May 2017 , 11:19pm
post #7 of 9

@Gingerlocks ‍ your poppy is sweet & I like the shine!

@Cher2309b ‍ your cake and your flowers are delightful!

Cher2309b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cher2309b Posted 19 May 2017 , 11:52pm
post #8 of 9

@MBalaska ‍ Thank you. Your poppy is lovely and the veins are really well defined.

rdevon Posted 20 May 2017 , 1:03pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you all for sharing. I love your poppies Gingerlocks and Cher! I will look for these cutter and veiner sets online.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%