Stressing Over Daughters Naked Cake Request For Her Wedding.

Baking By tirby123 Updated 12 May 2017 , 8:09pm by tirby123

tirby123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby123 Posted 12 May 2017 , 4:42pm
post #1 of 3

Ok first its been about 5 years since I sold my buisness and stopped doing cakes. BUT my daughter is getting married and Im making her cake. I plan to make it early and freeze it. no big deal.

BUT The wedding is in another town and I will be in a hotel. I do not have use of a kitchen to bake it there. SO please give me your opinion as in all the years I DID cake Ive' never did a naked cake. Now she would like a VERY thin layer of Charlottes whipped cream buttercream icing. so keep this in mind.

Her cake will be 3 tiers each tier will have 3 filling layers.. two of the filling layers will have SOME of this icing mixed into it . 1 will be and Oreo filling the other will be a chocolate whipped huckleberry.. so huckleberry mixed with this icing .. and I'm making it early and plan to freeze it. But the icing says DO NOT REFERIGERATE.. so ?..    Wedding is a Saturday afternoon. We are leaving to drive over on Thursday afternoon, cake will be frozen up until that point unless i bring a cooler. The following day friday is rehursal and getting everything together and decorating the wedding venu. I had planned on keeping the cakes sealed very well until Friday evening then put the light coating of icing on it? ANY THOUGHTS?  Maybe the nerves are because its out of my area and ill be in a hotel, I'm terrified the cake will dry out with no icing... Just this is NOT the norm for me so looking for some advice on what would you all do?

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 May 2017 , 7:48pm
post #2 of 3

Covering yourcakes w/a light coating of icing should seal it completely so it will not dry out even if left on a counter.  I have never used that icing (don't even remember ever seeing it) but if it tells you not to refrigerate I don't think using it on a cake that must be fzn is going to work.   Do you have time to try out fz'ing it?  Even if you don't put the icing on a cake - just take a 1/2 cup of so  - maybe even mixed up into the fillings you want to use and fz dollops of it to see what happends.   Put a tablespoon or so in the frig to see what happends......

tirby123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby123 Posted 12 May 2017 , 8:09pm
post #3 of 3

Oh gosh why didn't I think of a test run. And thank you it makes me feel a lot better. I'm surprised you hadn't heard of the icing... I know a lot of the people here love it. Just type in Whipped cream buttercream frosting. It is mixed. It 2 parts. Then combined. It's the only one my daughter likes... I prefer Sugar Shack... But I like sweet icing. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%