Taking Photos Of Cake With A Tri-Fold Board

Business By LizinLondon Updated 15 May 2017 , 2:24pm by kristiemarie

LizinLondon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizinLondon Posted 6 May 2017 , 11:27am
post #1 of 5

I have just purchased a board to improve the photos of my cakes (this one Elmers tri fold board). I took a picture this morning and it is already a big improvement as it blocks out my kitchen! After I took the picture I noticed a slight grease stain on the board, as it's cardboard I can only imagine it will get worse the more I use it. 

I want to cover the board with something to prevent the stains from getting any worse. I was thinking of wallpaper or perhaps some cloth? I know it needs to be something hard wearing that won't hopefully show up stains!

4 replies
Nana52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nana52 Posted 6 May 2017 , 11:57am
post #2 of 5

Cover it with Plastic tablecloth?  Easy to clean.

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 7 May 2017 , 12:27pm
post #3 of 5

Adhesive shelf paper (one brand is Contact). White - but make sure it's matte to reduce glare.

I use it on my wooden cupcake tower tiers. Takes a while to go slow and apply with no wrinkles, but once it's on, you can wipe it down if it gets dirty.

LizinLondon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizinLondon Posted 7 May 2017 , 4:10pm
post #4 of 5

That's a good idea, especially about making sure it's a matte surface. I took a picture of some silver and white wallpaper I liked yesterday and when I looked back at the picture there was some glare. That's so not going to work for photographing cakes!

kristiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiemarie Posted 15 May 2017 , 2:24pm
post #5 of 5

I second the adhesive shelf paper.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%