How Much Would You Charge For These Cake Gems? (Picture Included)

Business By lnazaret Updated 2 May 2017 , 12:36am by mcdragon

lnazaret Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lnazaret Posted 30 Apr 2017 , 4:37pm
post #1 of 5

How much would you charge for a dozen of these cake gems? I have small and large sized ones. I use the better than (and more expensive than) Wilton brand  of candy melts from my local bake shop, from scratch cake/buttercream, and gold dust to create them. It takes me about one hour to complete 2 dozen.IMG_2129.JPG

4 replies
lnazaret Posted 30 Apr 2017 , 5:31pm
post #2 of 5

I would love any and all suggestions. 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Apr 2017 , 10:27pm
post #3 of 5

How long does it take you to make them?   Tally up ALL your costs, including packaging, then add an hourly wage for yourself to come up with a price.   Since I've never made anything like that I really can't give  you a figure........also location figures into pricing.  Do  you live in a rural area, small town, med city or large city?  What i s the average income for your area?  What will people tink if you ask let's say $50 when your area is rural, farm community and they think it should be nothing more than $5?   Not that we need to price according to what people think but trying to show how where you live/what type of area it is will effect the price. 

lnazaret Posted 30 Apr 2017 , 10:37pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks lady! I had done that, but I didn't know what to base it off. Ill stick with my gut instinct at $38 for 2 dozen.

mcdragon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdragon Posted 2 May 2017 , 12:36am
post #5 of 5

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%