How Much To Charge For 72 Cupcakes With Foundant Toppers And One 2 Layer-9 Inch Cake

Business By Missmoessweets Updated 2 days ago by ypierce82

Missmoessweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Missmoessweets Posted 4 days ago
post #1 of 10

My friend wants to hire me for her cousins baby shower and I need help with pricing because I always charge too low and end up regretting it but I never know how much is too much! She is asking for 72 cupcakes, with more than half of them with foundant  toppers on them (see pictures below) ... She is also asking for a small cake, a 2 layered, 9 inch cake. I've looked all over Google for pricing and need help! I was thinking of charging her $220 all together but I have no idea if that's too much or too little ... Please help!

How Much To Charge For 72 Cupcakes With Foundant Toppers And One 2 Layer-9 Inch CakeHow Much To Charge For 72 Cupcakes With Foundant Toppers And One 2 Layer-9 Inch Cake

9 replies
AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 4 days ago
post #2 of 10

$9,367

I'm just throwing a number out there... Which is all any of us can really do without knowing the details of your overhead costs, your hourly rate, your supply costs, your locale, your profit margin, etc...

You really need to price things out once a year at least... Figure out how much a batch of batter actually costs you in supplies, oven usage, time, etc... Then add in your profit margin you would like...

Check with local bakeries for their base prices at least... many have them on their websites... And I don't mean Walmart or the Grocery...

Compare what you charge to the local bakeries... you should be charging at least as much as they charge (if not potentially more)...

ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 4 days ago
post #3 of 10

Agreed. 

If it were me, she would be over $220 for the cupcakes alone. 

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 3 days ago
post #4 of 10

Agreed.  Cupcakes would be more than $220.  Half the cupcakes have fondant toppers and half just a bc swirl?  

Cake would be about $140 alone.

Natka81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natka81 Posted 3 days ago
post #5 of 10

I would charge  $388.00 Total.

I doubt she would want to pay you that much, or maybe she will, who knows.

Missmoessweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Missmoessweets Posted 3 days ago
post #6 of 10

Thank you all very much! I called a few bakeries in my area as well and $220 is low 

pamcakesandcompany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamcakesandcompany Posted 3 days ago
post #7 of 10

A  2 tired  9" cake with buttercream you would charge $140.00 wow that sure seems high

What state are you in?

Guess  pricing is where you are located.

interesting what pricing is 

It is a tuff one

Pam

ypierce82 Posted 3 days ago
post #8 of 10

It doesn't seem high to me. Most people charge by the serving, plus factoring in labor, etc. What would a 2 layer cake that looked like that cost where you live? 

GIGGLEBOX2014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 2 days ago
post #9 of 10

A 9 inch smash cake!? That is gonna be a ton of wasted cake!! I make mine anywhere from a 4 inch to a 6 inch. 

ypierce82 Posted 2 days ago
post #10 of 10

?? She said she's also looking for a small cake.......not smash cake. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%