Sourcing

Baking By pamcakesandcompany Updated 22 Apr 2017 , 3:32pm by -K8memphis

pamcakesandcompany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamcakesandcompany Posted 19 Apr 2017 , 9:13pm
post #1 of 6

Hi

Can anyone share what is the best flour to use and where you buy it?

Also where is the best place to buy cake supplies wholesale?

Would appreciate any good sources for cake supplies

Thanks,

Pam

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 19 Apr 2017 , 9:56pm
post #2 of 6

pam, what area of the world are you in? 

pamcakesandcompany Posted 21 Apr 2017 , 12:54am
post #3 of 6

HI

In New York!

Thanks

Pam

-K8memphis Posted 21 Apr 2017 , 11:09pm
post #4 of 6

i typically use store brand all purpose flour when all purpose is called for -- i use whatever cake flour the store carries, softasilk or whatever --

for supplies-- do you mean ingredients or like boxes boards and cupcake liners -- there are a ton of stores  for ingredients -- i go to sam's club -- but costco is great -- here in elvistown we have this great local store called "lit's" -- look for restaurant stores -- party city is great for some items like packaging essentials --

ck's out of indiana https://www.ckproducts.com/ is great -- you need your tax id stuff and whatever --

restaurant depot is nice for some supplies too --

but i'm not at all familiar what is available in new york -- i think pfiel & holing is in ny? but i've never ordered from them i don't think --

http://www.cakedeco.com/

pamcakesandcompany Posted 22 Apr 2017 , 1:56pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you for the info.

Best place to buy fondant??

Thanks

Pam

-K8memphis Posted 22 Apr 2017 , 3:32pm
post #6 of 6

best place i ever bought from was gordon foods and restaurant depot -- for large quantity of satin ice --

the massas i got from online somewhere -- that stuff rocks and is the nicest fondant i've ever used although i used satin ice for most things -- it is now available at global sugar art and on amazon even -- 

my local grocery store carries wilton fondant  and i got a small package recently for a little project --

just depends on what you're after -- and do your homework -- i am about a thousand miles from you or more idk -- look for local restaurant suppliers and make your proper inroads and relationships --

best to you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%