Keeping A Naked Cake With Flowers In The Fridge?

Decorating By Pucci Cakes Updated 14 Apr 2017 , 5:09pm by -K8memphis

Pucci Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pucci Cakes Posted 14 Apr 2017 , 4:27pm
post #1 of 3

Hello again. I have to do the following cake for a bridal shower for next Saturday but the customer called and she wants to pick it up on Friday instead. I always ice my cakes the day before and keep them in the fridge overnight then next day I decorate with fresh flowers few hours before giving the cake away. Can I decorate the cake with flowers and put it in the fridge or is the customer going to have to decorate the cake herself the next day? How long can daisies stay fresh and how to keep them looking new?

Keeping A Naked Cake With Flowers In The Fridge?

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 14 Apr 2017 , 5:05pm
post #2 of 3

put it this way -- how fresh will your flowers be? who knows, right -- i would figure the baby's breath might wilt -- 

options would be to use silk and not real flowers or make the flowers out of sugar -- but who can guarantee the flowers will be ok -- the baby's breath will not be in water -

it would be possible to create a cake board that you could slide in some dampened paper towels and slide the bb into that but what a nightmare and still yet who knows? you could put the daisies into tubes with water, flower picks or straws with one end closed --

too much work -- that's just simply a last minute delivery cake -- you need to rethink it -- i would not want my customer decorating their cake --

really beautiful cake by the way -- and i used to have tutorial on how to make baby's breath -- can't remember where it is now -- sorry --

best to you

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 14 Apr 2017 , 5:09pm
post #3 of 3

not to mention -- different fridges have different humidity levels -- our usual home fridge might tend to dry out the flowers and the cake -- the cake has to be sealed into a box -- wonder how that would effect the flowers -- and the humidity level in your customer's fridge? who knows -- too many unknowns --

if this is for your sister or something and she can roll with the punches no problem-o -- if this is a paying gig -- i think you need to regroup --

i could talk you through the baby's breath thing if you go that way --

best to you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%