Round Objects?

Decorating By KarenOR Updated 8 Apr 2017 , 11:00pm by KarenOR

KarenOR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarenOR Posted 7 Apr 2017 , 4:43pm
post #1 of 5

Any tips on what to cover to make some bombs?

They are too small for a ball cake pan.  Was thinking RKT but, I feel like I couldn't get it smooth enough  Planning on modeling chocolate to cover.

Thanks!

4 replies
shdvl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shdvl Posted 8 Apr 2017 , 2:22am
post #2 of 5

I used RKT then used melted chocolate or ganache to have smooth surface. To get smoother surface slightly crush the cereal first is a tip from this site. How big are the "bombs"? Look around for molds you might not think of. Example after laying saran wrap inside of a tennis ball is round and empty. The finished product would be close to 2 or 3 inch diameter. For a non eatable option strofoam balls come in tons of sizes.

ElizabethsCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 8 Apr 2017 , 4:56am
post #3 of 5

Just go to your bulk store and pick up round chocolates or gumballs or something 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 8 Apr 2017 , 8:18pm
post #4 of 5

yeah -- what she ^^^ said --

there are tons of egg shaped candies out there right now --maybe try malted milk balls -- wrap them twice if you want them bigger 

KarenOR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarenOR Posted 8 Apr 2017 , 11:00pm
post #5 of 5

I needed them bigger than gumballs or even those giant jawbreakers.

I ended up getting some christmas ball ornaments that are two plastic halves.  It worked perfectly.  I formed the ball of RKT in there, then smashed it even more, then filled it with melted chocolate and put in fridge.  It's smooth and ready for the black.  I used saran wrap the whole process so it was easy to get out! 

Thanks for the suggestions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%