My First Cake

Baking By jassyjassy Updated 7 Apr 2017 , 3:03am by TC123

jassyjassy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jassyjassy Posted 7 Apr 2017 , 2:12am
post #1 of 4

Hi guys! I just want to share my first cake that I made last night. This forum helped me a lot with infos and tips that I needed to know on how to do it right. Thanks to all of you! I have always wanted to bake a cake but too scared to try. Now I can finally say that I made one! I used a boxed cake (please don't cringe. I'm a noob at baking cake. LOL) and found a good american buttercream recipe and shortening icing for the flowers. It was time consuming but it was a great learning experience. I really did enjoy piping the flowers on to the cake. I think that was the fun part. Hope you all like it. It was very tasty and gone in no time. 

My First CakeMy First CakeMy First Cake

3 replies
TC123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TC123 Posted 7 Apr 2017 , 2:36am
post #2 of 4

Oh you did WONDERFUL! It looks amazing and delicious! Your flowers are so pretty, too.

Also, just FYI, everyone bakes differently. I bake both from scratch and I'll use box mixes, too. You will quickly learn that many bakers here use box mixes exclusively. So you're in good company. ; )

Anyway, you did great! I love your first cake! (((Hugs)))

jassyjassy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jassyjassy Posted 7 Apr 2017 , 2:49am
post #3 of 4

Thank you very much, TC123 ! It is good to know that box mixes are not just for newbies. It surely saved me time and dishes to wash. It was moist and tasted good too. Now I have leftover shortening icing, do you know how long I can keep it in the fridge?  TIA!

TC123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TC123 Posted 7 Apr 2017 , 3:03am
post #4 of 4

I'm not sure, actually. I think a week or so? I tend to make what I'll use. Then, if I have leftover, I'll make cupcakes and bring them to the local post office or my bank. (But, that's more work, and ingredients, too.)

I know buttercream can be frozen. For a couple months, I believe.

I'm certain that others will reply here to help you better with this question.

(((hugs)))

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%