Football Shirt

Decorating By Cakey-Pin Updated 29 Mar 2017 , 5:09pm by kakeladi

Cakey-Pin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakey-Pin Posted 28 Mar 2017 , 3:26pm
post #1 of 4

I've been asked to make a football shirt cake and I was wondering if anyone knew how to do the pattern on it?

Is it possible or should I just stick to flat blue?  Also, anyone any ideas on what shades of blue they are (might as well ask while I'm here lol).

37795621_l_a1.jpg

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Mar 2017 , 12:19am
post #2 of 4

I suppose it's possible but probably very time consuming :(   YOu would have to mark off each sq and carefully spatula the icing into the sq.   Another idea that might work is to make the # of sqs you need in each shade on plastic wrap (or something), fz it then transfer it to the cake.  I see that working a bit easier than the other way.   All this is assuming you are working in buttercream.  If you did it in fondant each sq would show a line.  As for what color blue......looks to me like royal blue.  I would make all the icing the darker shade, then add some white to lighten it up - but be careful not too much lightening :)

Cakey-Pin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakey-Pin Posted 29 Mar 2017 , 2:29pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks kakeladi, it's much appreciated and you've given me some good ideas to think about.

x

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Mar 2017 , 5:09pm
post #4 of 4

I found this information that might be of help to you.  Check out post #13 (of 19) for wax paper transfer info.   http://www.cakecentral.com/forum/t/833695/african-print

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%