Fondant Outdoor

Sugar Work By Mrs.Behr Updated 27 Mar 2017 , 3:46am by Mrs.Behr

Mrs.Behr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs.Behr Posted 26 Mar 2017 , 9:27am
post #1 of 4

I'm planning to make a tiered cake with marshmallow fondant for my toddler's pool party.  Will it be a diaster and melt, or will it withstand the Florida heat for at least an hour if it is in the shade?

Do you think marshmallow fondant will stand better than traditional fondant?

I'll take any tips or recipes!

thanks!

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Mar 2017 , 7:55pm
post #2 of 4

No it should not melt - though I have not worked in humid, hot areas.  Perosnally I do not think marshmallow is better than triditional except maybe for taste.

fondantslinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantslinger Posted 26 Mar 2017 , 9:17pm
post #3 of 4

I lived in Southside Jacksonville and depending on the month after about half hour to 45minutes regular fondant began to show signs of moisture an melt down. It's one of those things you have to play by ear in Florida. I kepted my cakes in fridge til Very Last minute then prayed they were quick with the picture taking. Brought back inside for cutting. Hope you tots b-d isn't in August that seems to be the WORST for outdoor cakes. Either way it'll be a fun day cause it's your baby's big day!

Mrs.Behr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs.Behr Posted 27 Mar 2017 , 3:46am
post #4 of 4

His birthday is next month so at least I won't have to worry about humidity in April. I'm still debating which fondant I'll use, but thank you for the advice!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%