Estimating How Much Product I Need To Sell At Bazaar

Business By HajraK Updated 6 Apr 2017 , 1:32am by HajraK

HajraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HajraK Posted 25 Mar 2017 , 1:24am
post #1 of 3

Hi Everyone,

My local community center will be having an open bazaar that will feature stalls for jewelry, clothing and food. This bazaar is also part of a "community conference" type event that is being held at the same place and time so many people (around 200 or more) will be attending either to just shop at the bazaar or attend the conference and shop as well.

I will be one of the vendors there and will be selling cupcakes, cookies, a few cakes in a jar and cake pops. I found out today that there will be two other restaurants selling food there (I think meal plates for lunch/dinner), a pizza stall and another one of finger foods. 

The benefit of this event for me is that I know kids will also be coming with their parents and kids tend to like sweet treats, the timing of the bazaar is flexible for me so I can come and go as I like and it will hopefully help me reach future customers.

My question is this -when selling food items at an event where others will be selling food, how should I estimate how much product I need to bring? I have done bazaar type events in the past but I've been the only one selling food at them and I sold out. I typically follow the 10% rule when estimating (10% of the people at an event will buy something from you), but not sure what to do in this case.

Any advice on how to go about doing this event? 

Thanks!

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 Mar 2017 , 8:30pm
post #2 of 3

Personally I'd probably stick to the 10%.........maybe increase the total amount of product just a bit. 

HajraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HajraK Posted 6 Apr 2017 , 1:32am
post #3 of 3

Thanks Kakeladi

I just did the event this past weekend and I was competing with quite a few other food sellers but overall did well. I think I might have made a little bit more than necessary but it was a good experience!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%