Thawing And Decorating

Baking By sabb25 Updated 24 Mar 2017 , 9:38pm by sabb25

sabb25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sabb25 Posted 23 Mar 2017 , 7:39am
post #1 of 5

So I'm making my best friend's wedding cake. I've baked and froze all the cake layers but my only concern is timing the thawing and decorating process. The reception is on Saturday and because of my schedule I can only thaw and ice and put fondant on the cakes on Thursday.  

So I just wanted to know how should I store the decorated cake once I'm done on Thursday? Will it keep its freshness at room temperature since I can't refrigerate fondant cakes? 

Please help!

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Mar 2017 , 8:07pm
post #2 of 5

Doing you cake today (Thurs) is just fine.   Store it at room temp in an area where it is completely/always out of sunlight.  In a cupboard is perfect, but not necessary.      You say you cannot refrigerate fondant but that is not so.  Have you have  used a filling that should be kept refrigerated?  All that is necessary is to take the cake out of the frig at least 3 or 4 hrs before displaying and DO NOT touch it in anyway.  The sweat will evaporate and leave it as if it never had a problem :) 

sabb25 Posted 23 Mar 2017 , 8:18pm
post #3 of 5

I will be using cream cheese filling as it is a red velvet cake and crumb coat it with Buttercream icing. So there's quite a bit of dairy products being used. I do have a spare refrigerator so I could store it there once I have it ready then. Just wasn't sure if I could. 

Also does it have to be at a certain temperature? 

Thank you so much for your reply :)

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Mar 2017 , 7:04pm
post #4 of 5

............does it have to be at a certain temperature? ............

Not that I am aware of.

sabb25 Posted 24 Mar 2017 , 9:38pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks so much! This helps a lot! :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%