Fondant And Modeling Chocolate Mix.....

Decorating By manda7206 Updated 23 Mar 2017 , 3:32pm by jgifford

manda7206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manda7206 Posted 23 Mar 2017 , 3:42am
post #1 of 2

Hey everyonewave this is my first time posting but I have a question I'm hoping some of you might be able to help, I am wanting to make a fondant/modeling chocolate mix and I was wondering if any of you have used it to sculpt? is this a good medium to use. I have used just modeling chocolate but it gets way to soft way to fast. I usually use fondant/gum paste mix but I don't like the way you cant blend creases together.  how many of you have tried sculpting with modeling chocolate/fondant mix? Do you like it? Pros and cons? is it even worth making? I wish there was something with a clay like consistency! let me hear your thoughts on this subject, thanks for taking the time to read my post!

1 reply
jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 23 Mar 2017 , 3:32pm
post #2 of 2

I have done this many times. I generally cover my cakes in modeling chocolate since it tastes so much better, but it just won't hold up by itself for things like flowers or figures.

I use a 50/50 mix for flowers and it works well. The fondant and modeling chocolate mix together easily and don't separate.

Go for it! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%