Lazy Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Decorating By sophiedolan Updated 22 Mar 2017 , 10:27am by sophiedolan

sophiedolan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sophiedolan Posted 21 Mar 2017 , 2:31pm
post #1 of 3

Heya, 

Just need a bit of advise on this recipe: https://avaloncakesschool.com/recipe/easy-and-delicious-lauren-kitchens-buttercream/

With this lazy swiss meringue buttercream recipe, has anyone used it? Does it taste like normal swiss meringue buttercream?

Does it set hard enough in the fridge to transport a semi naked cake? Is it easier to smooth without dragging lots of crumbs with it. Im doing a red velvet semi-naked cake for a wedding cake , so need minimal crumbs escaping. 

Thank you in advance.

Sophie

2 replies
MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 21 Mar 2017 , 9:02pm
post #2 of 3

Lauren Kitchens buttercream "mock Swiss" recipe is pretty easy to make and taste delicious.  It is not quite as silky as cooked meringue buttercreams, but is smoother than American style buttercream.

I've made it a couple of times and it smoothed out and piped up just as a meringue buttercream does, & it did not crust.  I've recommended it as a good start for people who want the silky texture, but don't want to cook.  As you use the pasteurized carton eggs you don't have the concern about egg safety.

You never know how you will like something  until you try it, as everyone's available local ingredients, weather, temperature, humidity, equipment, and skills are all different.

sophiedolan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sophiedolan Posted 22 Mar 2017 , 10:27am
post #3 of 3

Thank you. :) I need something smoother. xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%