Mango Chiffon Cake With Upsy Daisy/iggle Piggle Figurines!

Decorating By Sprinkleboxcakes Updated 1 day ago by Sprinkleboxcakes

Sprinkleboxcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sprinkleboxcakes Posted 21 Mar 2017 , 5:58am
post #1 of 3

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Cake Central, so I hope I'm not posting my Q in the wrong channel. I have been asked to make an Asian style mango chiffon cake for a birthday in June.

The lady would like it to be 10 inch, with fresh cream and mango slices on top (Not fondant covered.) She has also asked for 2 figurines: - Iggle Piggle in his boat and Upsy Daisy in her bed. 

So I have a few initial worries before confirming to make the cake for her...

1. Will the chiffon cake be able to withstand the weight of fondant figures or would they have to go around the side on the cake board?
  2. This kind of fresh cake would have to be refrigerated until the final moments - so would the figurines have to be put on in the last minutes?
  3. Will the moisture from the fresh cream/mango ruin the figurines?

Thank you to anyone who can offer some advice here. I never make chiffon/fresh cream/fresh fruit cakes mixed with fondant decorations normally and a little bit anxious.

I have posted pics below of the figurines she wants:-

Mango Chiffon Cake With Upsy Daisy/iggle Piggle Figurines!Mango Chiffon Cake With Upsy Daisy/iggle Piggle Figurines!Mango Chiffon Cake With Upsy Daisy/iggle Piggle Figurines!

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 week ago
post #2 of 3
  1. Will the chiffon cake be able to withstand the weight of fondant figures or would they have to go around the side on the cake board?
  2. Answer:     I'm not at all fimilar with that type of cake but I would guess it best to put them around the side on the board.  

This kind of fresh cake would have to be refrigerated until the final moments - so would the figurines have to be put on in the last minutes?

Answer:  It would be best to add the figurines at the last minutes.  They don't do well in refrigeration.

Will the moisture from the fresh cream/mango ruin the figurines?  

Answer:   I would say most likely depending on how long they are exposed to the fresh fruit, they probably could last about 30 minutes.

Sprinkleboxcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sprinkleboxcakes Posted 1 day ago
post #3 of 3

Quote by @kakeladi on 6 days ago

Answer:     I'm not at all fimilar with that type of cake but I would guess it best to put them around the side on the board.  

This kind of fresh cake would have to be refrigerated until the final moments - so would the figurines have to be put on in the last minutes?

Answer:  It would be best to add the figurines at the last minutes.  They don't do well in refrigeration.

Will the moisture from the fresh cream/mango ruin the figurines?  

Answer:   I would say most likely depending on how long they are exposed to the fresh fruit, they probably could last about 30 minutes.

Hi Kakeladi

Thank you for the reply - you have given me a better idea as to time frames for the figurines and cleared up the queries that I had.

I thought that would be the case regarding last minute decorations but wanted confirmation from those more experienced than me. :) 

Take care

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%