Cake Pan Sizes For Carving Mike Mcareys Mustang

Baking By ch1956 Updated 30 Mar 2017 , 2:54pm by Shanelly

ch1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ch1956 Posted 12 Mar 2017 , 8:18pm
post #1 of 5

Help me please, I'm  getting ready to make the mustang cake, I have watched Mike McCareys dvd and his one on Craftys more than a couple of times....plan on using his recipe for his cake or else the original Wasc....my question  is my template  is 13 3/4  long and the widest  part of the car or template  is 5 1/2"..... so would you bake your cakes in a 11x15 pans and have lots of waste or one 12x18 and cut in half and stack or 14x14 cit in half and stacked....I'm  worried  that using a pan and cutting in half and having the sides of cake so close to where I would be craving that they may crumble alot and be harder to carve.....any advice or suggestions.....thank you

4 replies
Shanelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shanelly Posted 28 Mar 2017 , 2:52pm
post #2 of 5

Im very new so im not helpful.  I just wanted to know how it ended up turning out and any tips you have. My mom wants her car in a cake. I will be attempting it by the 11th. Where did you find templets? Thank you :)

ch1956 Posted 28 Mar 2017 , 3:47pm
post #3 of 5

Cake Pan Sizes For Carving Mike Mcareys Mustang

ch1956 Posted 28 Mar 2017 , 3:50pm
post #4 of 5

I used the 11x15 pans.....because I didn't  want to piece it together. It had been 8 years since I had carved a cake so very rusty at it.....whatever you car model is Google it and get lots of pictures.....

Shanelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shanelly Posted 30 Mar 2017 , 2:54pm
post #5 of 5

It turned out amazing good job!! for being rusty on carving it looks so good!

Thank you I plan on taking a bunch of pictures of her car when I go over there.  Its a 72 pontiac grand prix. Im going to attempt to make her seats out of fondant and have "glass" windows.  Im nervous but I think it will turn out great. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%