Urgent: Tartan Pattern Back Up Plan

Decorating By Holiver Updated 14 Mar 2017 , 9:35pm by LizzieAylett

Holiver Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Holiver Posted 9 Mar 2017 , 5:01pm
post #1 of 5

I am making a 3 tier cake with the bottom layer wrapped in a tartan print which was all fine as I had purchased the compressed, printed fondant to wrap.

Made and covered the cake in white fondant but wasn't too worried about any marks or small indents on the side as it would be covered with the tartan. Now the tartan hasn't turned up in the post and I need to deliver it tomorrow night. I have contacted the seller and they're being less than helpful in telling me that once it's sent its not their problem

Any ideas on how I can make a tartan pattern/ print or save the covered bottom tier to make it presentable?

Thanks in advance!!!

Hayley

4 replies
LizzieAylett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizzieAylett Posted 9 Mar 2017 , 6:08pm
post #2 of 5

I have in the past hand-painted a tartan design on the top of a cake, but it is very time consuming and difficult to get even.

Could you run to your local place that prints edible images and get them to print a picture of tartan to wrap round your tier?  You could stick it to a separate piece of fondant to make it easier to wrap round, and that would cover up the blemishes.

All else failing, you could wrap some tartan ribbon around it?

Holiver Posted 10 Mar 2017 , 11:16am
post #3 of 5

@LizzieAylett ‍ thanks for your quick reply!

Good thinking on the fabric! tried local edible printing places with no success =[

I have 1 sheet of the tartan so going to look at changing the design but also get a piece of fabric as a back up plan.

Thanks again!

Holiver Posted 13 Mar 2017 , 6:15pm
post #4 of 5

@LizzieAylett just wanted to say thank you for you help. It turned out great!

Urgent: Tartan Pattern Back Up PlanUrgent: Tartan Pattern Back Up Plan

LizzieAylett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizzieAylett Posted 14 Mar 2017 , 9:35pm
post #5 of 5

You're welcome!  That turned out really well.  Well done.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%