Wedding Cake

Decorating By LMAK Updated 10 Mar 2017 , 1:33am by Jeff_Arnett

LMAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LMAK Posted 9 Mar 2017 , 2:50pm
post #1 of 4

Help please I am new to decorating wedding cakes and have only done a few and they were stacked.  I now have this wedding and it is a small cake 6" and 10"  they want height to the cake and don't want pillars in the cake they want something smaller. And then the plate on top and then pillars then the 6" on top.  Just wondering what you do with the plate that sets on top of the 10"  do you cover it?  or what do I do?  any help and if anyone has pics of cakes like this. THANks

3 replies
Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 9 Mar 2017 , 7:58pm
post #2 of 4

A bit confused as to exactly what you are saying....

"Help please I am new to decorating wedding cakes and have only done a few and they were         stacked.  I now have this wedding and it is a small cake 6" and 10"  they want height to the cake         and don't want pillars in the cake they want something smaller. And then the plate on top and         then pillars then the 6" on top.  Just wondering what you do with the plate that sets on top of         the 10"  do you cover it?  or what do I do?  any help and if anyone has pics of cakes like this.         THANks"

Not really sure what you're saying here....can you clarify a bit?  Is this a 10 and 6 inch two tier cake?  I don't understand what you mean by not wanting pillars in the cake, but then there's pillars below the 6 inch cake.  Not sure I understand the "plate" you are referring to "on top"?

LMAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LMAK Posted 9 Mar 2017 , 8:09pm
post #3 of 4

It will be a 10" tiered for the bottom and a 6" tiered for the top. They don't want them stacked.  They want some height to the cake. They do not want me to use the invisible pillars for support in the cake.  Which is fine I will use dowel rods. But the cake separator plate that will sit on top of the 10" and have pillars on it to hold the 6" cake I was just wondering if there were any ideas of what to do around that cake separator plate that will be on top of the bottom tier.  She does not want any flowers.  So just wondering do I just not do anything like a border around the edge of the separator plate?  Does this clarify it better?    

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 10 Mar 2017 , 1:33am
post #4 of 4

OK, gotcha.

Usually just a little border around the plate's edge is all you need.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%