Chocolate Mousse Cake Questions

Baking By gracecatan

gracecatan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gracecatan Posted 2 Mar 2017 , 4:46am
post #1 of 1

I made Chocolate Mousse with cream cheese, whipped cream, and compound chocolate from a baking bar on Sunday night. On Monday, I assembled the cake (bottom layer: crushed oreos, middle layer: chocolate mousse, top layer: freshly whipped cream). I'm planning to serve it at my cousin's birthday party, where my whole class will eat it. It's Thursday now, and the party is tomorrow, Friday. The mousse was refrigerated from Monday night, when it was made, until Sunday morning, when I assembled the mousse cake. Then I froze it from Sunday noon to Tuesday morning, when I saw cracks in the frozen mousse. So I put it back in the refrigerator and it's been there from late Tuesday morning up to now. 

My questions:                                           1. How long does Mousse typically last in the fridge?                                      2. Will the Mousse Cake still be good for tomorrow?                                                 3. Will the constant moving of the cake between the freezer, the refrigerator, and outside(room temperature)affect the mousse at all?

P.S. I removed the chocolate chips and covered it instead with cling wrap on Tuesday so that I could preserve it better. Chocolate Mousse Cake Questions

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%