3-D Bear

Decorating By rachelet Updated 5 Mar 2005 , 11:32pm by mrsfish94

rachelet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachelet Posted 5 Mar 2005 , 6:59am
post #1 of 7

How do I bake it so it comes out right? Do i bake it upside down. Do I fill the heating core first and then the pans? Instructions would be great.

Thank you

6 replies
nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 5 Mar 2005 , 2:46pm
post #2 of 7

Hi there! I have baked the 3D bear several times. You will bake it upside down-fill it 3/4 full-I fill the core-some people don't. I think it gives back the cake stability and fills the hole-who wants to cut into that much icing--unless of course you fill it with a fruit filling or something that won't run out when you set it up. When you cool it, cool it upside down- I don't take out the core and cool it seperately until ready to take out of the pan. When you do lay it on it's side and remove the clamps-I let it sit there for a bit and continue to cool inside before I take the other side off. Be sure to use stiff cake recipe-I add dreamwhip to mine to give it a poundcake effect-you and others may have another way of doing it. But if your cake is too moist it will crumble before you even get it completely out of the pan-had that happen and had to redo-learned that the hard way! Check on the link above with Wilton Cake pan instructions-if they don't have the instructions, let me know and I will email you a copy. Hope this helps. I am sure there are other ideas out there-this is the best "encyclopedia" for cake decorating!! icon_lol.gif

rachelet Posted 5 Mar 2005 , 4:06pm
post #3 of 7

On what temp did you cook the bear. I have read that 325 for an hour and a half works? do you put your cookie sheet on the lowest rack or higher up?

Thanks,

rachel

mrsfish94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsfish94 Posted 5 Mar 2005 , 5:22pm
post #4 of 7

Yes, 325 on the lowest rack ...or it wouldn't fit in my oven. I just used the betty crocker cake mix with pudding, then added an extra egg and decreased the water to 1 cup. It comes out great. As for the bake time...I can't remember. I just used the cake tester but I think it was about 1 hour and 45 mins. give or take. Good luck! I loved making mine.

thumbs_up.gif

rachelet Posted 5 Mar 2005 , 6:23pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks for all the help. It cracked slightly around the neck but I'm trying to fix. Any tips?

rachelet Posted 5 Mar 2005 , 6:59pm
post #6 of 7

It fell apart. I don't know what happened. I am trying again with a different cake recipe. Any tips?

mrsfish94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsfish94 Posted 5 Mar 2005 , 11:32pm
post #7 of 7

I would try putting frosting in the crack...or you could put a kabob screwer down the middle of the cake. I did that once for a cake that it was going to sit on. So sorry to hear it fell apart.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%