How Does Someone Search For A Specific Users Photos?

Decorating By gscout73 Updated 10 Feb 2017 , 2:38am by gscout73

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 7 Feb 2017 , 5:33am
post #1 of 4

In BC (as in BEFORE CHANGE), a person could come to CC and search for specific member's photos. Now, that does not happen. I had a friend come here to look for my photos, entered my user name, and the result was one photo belonging to another user in which I was mentioned in the description.

I even tried it for myself, and also tried hunting throughout the website, and could not figure it out. It seems the only way for someone to find me is for me to give my login and pass word.  And I really do not want to do that.

Is there another way?

3 replies
Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 7 Feb 2017 , 6:08am
post #2 of 4

I just clicked on your user name and it took me to your profile with your pictures, recent forums, etc.

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 9 Feb 2017 , 3:16pm
post #3 of 4

there is not a super easy way in the navigation and we should add something, but here is an easy hack.

https://www.cakecentral.com/photo/query/heath

just change the username at the end of that URL to whichever user photos you want to view.

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 10 Feb 2017 , 2:38am
post #4 of 4

I know about clicking on a user's name and it is a link to find their portfolio, but that is not what I am interested in.

Thank you, Heath. that is helpful. I think you understand what I am asking. Before, all one had to do was go to www.cakecentral.com, and click on "search" which would then bring up options, one of them being "member." Then all one would have to do was type in the member name and up would pop that member's photos. If I wanted to look up SmcKinney07's pics, I would just type in that user name rather than try to hunt for a post to have to click on that person's link.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%