Methods For Painting Fondant

Decorating By spoazzy1 Updated 29 Jan 2007 , 7:29pm by susanscakebabies

spoazzy1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spoazzy1 Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 6:05pm
post #1 of 4

I am just courious, I am looking for different methods of painting/decorating fondant. My air brush compressor just died on me and I have a cake for Wednesday that I am doing and need to paint the decorations. I've never used anything other than my airbrush and some shimmer dust before. icon_cry.gif

3 replies
susanscakebabies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakebabies Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 6:08pm
post #2 of 4

You know before I got all these new methods I always just used a good paintbrush, I think I am a diehard b.c I still use them alot. I jsut got an airbrush and am anxious to give it a try, and nervous icon_wink.gif
Hope that helps.

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 6:10pm
post #3 of 4

Airbrush colors work like ink on fondant. I absolutely love using them. The colors are very vibrant, it dries fairly quickly and usually doesn't bleed (if there are cracks in the fondant, it will bleed).

You can also get a canned air type of airbrush system at Hobby Lobby. It's in the model car or artist's paint area. This is especially good for spraying luster dusts because it comes with little jars instead of the tiny cups.

Good luck.

Michele

susanscakebabies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakebabies Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 7:29pm
post #4 of 4

That is the type I got. I just need to get some airbrush dye. And I will be on my way. Do you use many different tips or can you adjust them to suit most uses?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%