Hurricane Rita

Decorating By sls0812 Updated 4 Oct 2005 , 8:29pm by sls0812

sls0812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sls0812 Posted 1 Oct 2005 , 2:45pm
post #1 of 8

Boy, have I missed this site. I live in Port Neches, TX. The eye was about 200 yards away from my house. We have been moving around since last Thursday. Today is the first day that I am able to get on the site. I have a lot of catching up to do. Our house doesn't have major damage, but lots and lots of cleaning up and small repair work. We found our carport on the opposite side of the house (from where it should be) and we found the smoke stack to the firplace in the backyard, among many other things. They are saying that it could be anywhere from 2 weeks to the week before Thanksgiving. Puts a big dent in my bank account, since I don't have the abilities to keep up my cake making while Im gone.
I am also joining in with the pregnancy club on this site. I found out the day before we evacuated that we are expecting our 3rd. This was only our first month of trying - YEAH!!! Sorry so lengthy but I have been having withdrawls.

7 replies
peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 1 Oct 2005 , 4:16pm
post #2 of 8

Congrats and welcome to the baby club!!! This is number three for me too! Glad you didn't have major damage... and hope you can get back to normal ASAP! Best wishes to you and your little ones!

Daniela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daniela Posted 1 Oct 2005 , 4:46pm
post #3 of 8

Congratulations on your new addition. Must be very exciting. It's also nice to hear that your home didn't suffer too much damage from Rita. Welcome back to CC!!! Take care

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 1 Oct 2005 , 5:32pm
post #4 of 8

Glad to her you and your family are safe! Congratulations to you also!!

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 2 Oct 2005 , 1:32am
post #5 of 8

glad your safe!!!! i hope you get your house put back together soon!
i'm feeling your pain....an F4 tornado hit our house 2 years ago, we had 40% damage....so i know how frusterating the whole process of putting your life back together is. we were homeless for about two weeks with a new born baby...shuffling from one hotel and relatives house to another.
where are you going to be staying? i will be praying that all goes well in the repair process.
melody

crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 2 Oct 2005 , 1:53am
post #6 of 8

Glad you are ok and congratulations on the baby! Don't overdo it on the cleaning up. Take care of yourself and that baby.

Cindy

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 2 Oct 2005 , 5:28am
post #7 of 8

Glad to hear you & your family are fine! Congrats to you & your DH too!!!

sls0812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sls0812 Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 8:29pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you all for your kind words. We were staying at our camp, but a tree fell on the camp and we had no electricity there either. Then we went to my husband's grandparents, where we found out they had no power either, then stayed in an apartment with my sister-in-law, and now we are staying with my father-in-law at his dirty unorganized house. Hopefully it won't be to much longer until we can go home. Port Arthur got hit the hardest, but Port Neches is next in line and it will take longer to get power back to those areas. Great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%