Horizontal Stripes

Sugar Work By carol15 Updated 3 Feb 2017 , 10:58pm by yellowdog

carol15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carol15 Posted 3 Feb 2017 , 10:27pm
post #1 of 4

Hi,just wondering if someone could tell me how to make even fondant stripes around fondant cake please ?

3 replies
yellowdog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellowdog Posted 3 Feb 2017 , 10:46pm
post #2 of 4

Jessica Harris has a great technique.  You Tube or Google her to see her in action.  I found her on Craftsy.com. 

Basically, you cut a strip of waxed paper that fits around your cake the width and height that you want your stripes.  Lightly grease your waxed paper with vegetable fat (Crisco).  Cut your stripes and lay them on the waxed paper in the pattern that you want on your cake. 

Carefully wrap your waxed paper around your cake, lightly pressing your stripes in place and peel off the waxed paper.  Your stripes will stay on the cake and you can adjust them.  Take a dry paint brush and gently wipe away any large amount of Crisco on your stripes, most of it will absorb into the fondant.  Be careful if your cake is white and your fondant stripes are black or red, because the color my bleed and get onto your cake in places where you don't want it.

I hope I made this easy enough to understand.  Let me know if you have questions.  Good Luck on your cake.

carol15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carol15 Posted 3 Feb 2017 , 10:57pm
post #3 of 4

Hi,I will try and do this way thank you .

yellowdog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellowdog Posted 3 Feb 2017 , 10:58pm
post #4 of 4

Your are most welcome.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%