Dark Alice In Wonderland Cake

Decorating By Serenitysweety Updated 22 Jan 2017 , 8:39pm by cakingandbaking

Serenitysweety Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Serenitysweety Posted 22 Jan 2017 , 2:00pm
post #1 of 2

Hi everyone!  My first time posting so I hope I'm in the right forum but I was wondering if anyone had some creative ideas to help me come up with a design? I'm trying to incorporate this color scheme and general look and feel into an Alice in wonderland cake. I'm not sure if I should make each layer a different color in this scheme, try and airbrush affect, just try an hand painted background, I am somehow stumped.  All the customer knows is she wants it black blue and purple  and to be based off of this picture and Alice in wonderland. Any help would be appreciated!! [postimage id="6266" thumb="900"]

1 reply
cakingandbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakingandbaking Posted 22 Jan 2017 , 8:39pm
post #2 of 2

I would do really dark buttercream or fondant (black, dark blue, deep purple, something like that) and cut an outline similar to the tree out of another color (if you did black buttercream, for instance, do the tree in dark blue). Here's a picture that shows what I'm thinking of:

[postimage id="6272" thumb="900"]

Maybe do some airbrushing here and there to add some contrast. Some details from the story that you could add as toppers or make from fondant/modeling chocolate/gumpaste and scatter around the cake: playing cards, teacup, clock, red heart, rabbit, etc.

Hope this helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%