Cake Pops

Business By Cakey-Pin Updated 14 Dec 2016 , 3:33am by gscout73

Cakey-Pin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakey-Pin Posted 9 Dec 2016 , 2:40pm
post #1 of 8

Hi, 

I've been asked to make 50 cake pops for someone and I was wondering how people normally price them?  I'm in the UK.

Thanks, 

Lynsey

7 replies
Cakey-Pin Posted 12 Dec 2016 , 11:40am
post #2 of 8

Bump

Bmarco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bmarco Posted 12 Dec 2016 , 6:48pm
post #3 of 8

I am not good at pricing - just posted a request for help.  But I had someone ask me for 40 cake pops during halloween that were custom made to be "sloth" from goonies.  I charged $100 which I felt was WAY under for the amount of time that they ended up taking :-(

I would say it depends but anything sculpted/custom should be at least $4 in my opinion - heck, starbucks charges $3.00 and that's for zero decoration!  I would say anywhere between $2-$5, depending on difficulty.

[postimage id="5985" thumb="900"]

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 13 Dec 2016 , 1:29am
post #4 of 8

Bmarco, how in the world did you make cake pops to look like Sloth? Goonies is my all time most favorite movie.  I saw it in a theater when it first came out and have a video and dvd. Do you have a pic? I did not see one in your gallery.

gscout73 Posted 13 Dec 2016 , 1:36am
post #5 of 8

BTW, I have absolutely no idea how to price cake pops. My overhead as a hobby baker is much less than that of a pro/business. And I only create for people I know. Not being licensed I do not cross that line.

Bmarco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bmarco Posted 13 Dec 2016 , 3:04pm
post #6 of 8

I don't know that overhead is necessarily SO much less than pro bakers... our ingredients aren't purchased in bulk at wholesale price.  Everything that professionals use is typically less expensive to purchase from what I assume.  Anyway, shaped the pop like an egg, when cooled - I glued on (with the candy melts) white chocolate chips for the ears and nose - once those set, I dipped and decorated...  

http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/3384040/sloth-cake-pops

Quote by @gscout73 on 13 hours ago

BTW, I have absolutely no idea how to price cake pops. My overhead as a hobby baker is much less than that of a pro/business. And I only create for people I know. Not being licensed I do not cross that line.

Cakey-Pin Posted 13 Dec 2016 , 3:08pm
post #7 of 8

Thank you for the replies guys, that's really helpful.

Bmarco, the Sloth pops are amazing!

gscout73 Posted 14 Dec 2016 , 3:33am
post #8 of 8

Bmarco, your Sloth pops are awesome. I just saw them, and you totally made my week!!! You are so creative.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%