7 Day Coconut Icing Cake?

Baking By Anet. Updated 11 Dec 2016 , 12:30am by -K8memphis

Anet. Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anet. Posted 8 Dec 2016 , 10:08pm
post #1 of 7

Has any one ever heard of a seven day coconut icing cake? I have a request from my dear 94 year old friend to make this cake for his 95th Birthday which is Christmas Day any recipes would be appreciated. He said it's what his mom always made for him so I'm assuming it's all from scratch. Want to make his day special 

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Dec 2016 , 3:18am
post #2 of 7

there is a 7 minute icing -- there is a 3 day coconut cake that i have made before -- and there is even a 7 day coconut cake recipe -- all yours for a google search -- so just take your pick and best to you

Anet. Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anet. Posted 9 Dec 2016 , 9:39pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks I googled and there's definitely no 7 day coconut icing cake that I found lol. I'm sure he was talking about the seven minute, it must have been so good  that he thought it took seven days bless his lil heart.

-K8memphis Posted 10 Dec 2016 , 1:10pm
post #4 of 7

it's a very sweet occasion -- wonderful for you to be a part of -- enjoy -- whichever combination you decide on ;) he's gonna love it

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 10 Dec 2016 , 7:58pm
post #5 of 7

Years ago when we would go to NC to visit my dad we would go to Ingles and get a whole coconut cake from the bakery. My son ate half the cake in one sitting. I think they had the seven minute icing on the cake!! I will probably make one for my birthday this year. They probably meant 7 minute icing. 

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 11 Dec 2016 , 12:24am
post #6 of 7

I don't know about 7 days icing, but this 5 days coconut cake seems to be from a long time ago.  It might be what your friend's looking for.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/04/21/mama-joans-5-day-coconut-cake/

There is a lot of similar recipes ( using box mix) that have to rest for anywhere between 3 to 7 days before eating it.  

-K8memphis Posted 11 Dec 2016 , 12:30am
post #7 of 7

when i made it and gave it the three days -- i saw no particular reason to wait to eat it -- it was a good cake but not extra spectacular for waiting the allotted time -- just my experience with it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%