Need Help With Baking Time

Baking By martabell Updated 9 Dec 2016 , 11:18pm by kakeladi

martabell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
martabell Posted 7 Dec 2016 , 9:36pm
post #1 of 5

I am making a triple recipe cake baked in a 12x18" pan.  Not quite sure how long to bake it for... suggestions?

4 replies
Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 7 Dec 2016 , 10:32pm
post #2 of 5

I would use a couple of flower nails and bake it at 325 degrees for 30 minutes, rotate the pan and set the timer for another 25 and keep checking until it's done.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Dec 2016 , 10:58pm
post #3 of 5

The simple answer to your ? is "until it's done".  I do not use flower nails or anything else to 'make sure it bakes through" as others suggest.  I just bake that size at 300 degrees F for about 30 minutes, then turn the oven up to 325  until I can smell that wonderful baked cake aroma in the next room -- usually about an equal amount of time time .  Almost always one will get a flat, moist cake that does not need to be leveled.

martabell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
martabell Posted 7 Dec 2016 , 11:10pm
post #4 of 5

Ok, thanks.  One more question, I don't have a huge rack to cool the cake on, I only have a rack from my microwave that's pretty close to my pan size.  Should I use that or do you think it will it sink in between the grooves?  I'm also open to any/all suggestions!  :)

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Dec 2016 , 11:18pm
post #5 of 5

Sorry, I'm just now finding your posted ?s.  Do you have 2 small racks?   I have put together a couple 8" sq racks for my 1/2 sheet cakes to cool on.    Also, cake can hange over the rack by an inch or 2 w/o a problem while cooling.  But I'm sure by now you have already baked  & cooled this cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%