Talking Drum Help Urgent Plzzz

Decorating By nikend Updated 8 Dec 2016 , 6:36pm by Bakerlady2

nikend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikend Posted 7 Dec 2016 , 8:26pm
post #1 of 6

Help with a talking drum cake this weekend.am stuck with it.plzzzz help .am struggling to do the strings .

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Dec 2016 , 11:06pm
post #2 of 6

Sorry no one seems to know what to suggest.   I have no idea what this 'talking drum cake is so I cannot help either.  Just wnated to let you know your plea has been heard -- at least by one.

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 8 Dec 2016 , 8:49am
post #3 of 6

If I were a whiz at piping RI I'd suggest that but I would probably use something like skewers painted whatever colour necessary, or maybe fishing line?

yellowdog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellowdog Posted 8 Dec 2016 , 1:00pm
post #4 of 6

I too am not familiar with "talking drum"; however, you might want to use the pull apart Twizzlers and use those strings for your strings.  You could also use a clay extruder and extrude thin lines of fondant.  Just a couple of suggestions.  Hope someone can help you.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 8 Dec 2016 , 4:28pm
post #5 of 6

I don't know what a talking drum is either, but if it's anything like a guitar, (uncooked) spaghetti can also work for strings.

Bakerlady2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakerlady2 Posted 8 Dec 2016 , 6:36pm
post #6 of 6

I found that adding a small amount of corn syrup to buttercream helps with making strings, like a tsp or two to a cup of frosting. Or use creamcheese icing does great striings.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%