Glossy Korean Buttercream Recipe. Check Recipe!!!!

Decorating By iamkrisler Updated 1 Feb 2018 , 10:43pm by ryanmike

iamkrisler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamkrisler Posted 4 Dec 2016 , 1:20pm
post #1 of 21

[postimage id="5842" thumb="900"][postimage id="5843" thumb="900"]

[postimage id="5844" thumb="900"]

hello everyone,

has anyone tried this recipe? the owner of that profile posted that recipe of the buttercream. and based on her photos, her buttercream looks exactly like korean buttercream which is glossy and translucent. I really want to try this but not used to making IMB. So im not confident that i can get it right. Pls do tell me if u ever tried this recipe. 

20 replies
tweetymug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tweetymug Posted 7 Dec 2016 , 1:45am
post #2 of 21

Does anyone tried this recipe?

ajm092000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajm092000 Posted 7 Dec 2016 , 3:13am
post #3 of 21
gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 7 Dec 2016 , 3:58am
post #4 of 21

I have not. It looks like it would not be appetizing. It looks greasy to me.

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 7 Dec 2016 , 3:59am
post #5 of 21

I just looked at the recipe again, it uses granulated sugar instead of powdered, and uses a lot of  butter, most likely why it looks so greasy.

tweetymug Posted 7 Dec 2016 , 4:52am
post #6 of 21

if it taste bad then I won't try it, cake must be good to taste not just good  to look at

iamkrisler Posted 7 Dec 2016 , 8:10am
post #7 of 21

hello guys,

this recipe is meant for italian meringue buttercream. it supposed to create like the korean buttercream. i have yet to try this recipe. based on my research with korean buttercream, i never read anything regarding of how it taste. 

sarahpark94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpark94 Posted 7 Dec 2016 , 8:41am
post #8 of 21

I have used a similar recipe before! In Korea (I'm Korean if that helps in any way), the tip for the glossy buttercream is the Italian meringue buttercream. Just do not whip up the buttercream too much after the butter has been added and only till it has been incorporated (There is a point where the buttercream starts to tense up and harden? before it is whipped into the fluffy buttercream. This is where you want to stop) . Also, Make sure that your meringue mixture is cooled all the way before adding the butter. If you keep these two rules, you will have the glossy buttercream. Good Luck!  

Just adding a picture of my Cake! [postimage id="5865" thumb="900"]

iamkrisler Posted 7 Dec 2016 , 12:11pm
post #9 of 21

your cake is so pretty. thank you so much for the information. im excited to try this. although, it will be my first time to use italian meringue buttercream but i think this way is so much better in piping flowers. goodluck to me! haha

tweetymug Posted 8 Dec 2016 , 9:05am
post #10 of 21

I just did some research, the butter in Korean buttercream are quit difficult to find, it is white in color so the result buttercream is different from other recipes.

And I also checked why butter can be white, and some website stated that the butter from corn-fed cow are white and grass-fed cow are yellow

The following is the image of Korean white butter

.[postimage id="5873" thumb="900"]

iamkrisler Posted 8 Dec 2016 , 9:23am
post #11 of 21

It is really so white. no wonder they can achieve so realistic colors. i also read with korean buttercream that it also need to have correct temperature? 

tweetymug Posted 8 Dec 2016 , 9:45am
post #12 of 21

well I check but all of the website stated the method is exactly the same as italian buttercream, just they use white butter/ fermantated butter (I don't know about this stuff)

iamkrisler Posted 8 Dec 2016 , 9:52am
post #13 of 21

i should really try this soon. really thank you for sharing your information. since korean buttercream method is always very secret. will keep posted with my result. although im expecting it to do many trials before getting it righy. thank you again!

tweetymug Posted 8 Dec 2016 , 10:09am
post #14 of 21

I am still a very beginner, just learned how to make French buttercream, long way to go^^

Beero Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beero Posted 8 Dec 2016 , 6:28pm
post #15 of 21

Thank you for sharing, I've been crying to get the G.G cakraft recipe but its really secured. LoL I hope one day I will attend her class. 

So I've started my homemade small business , and I don't think they really care of what kind of buttercream I use, but I will try to search better recipe and method to get the IMBC transculent and glossy and heat resist, with some help of u guys. Thank you and keep posting.

iamkrisler Posted 9 Dec 2016 , 1:06am
post #16 of 21

im also a beginner as well. making cakes for friends and family. i usually searched and follow tutorials on youtube, forums and instagram. it sure is a long way to go. haha but its fine as long as i enjoy it. 

yeah gg craft recipe is so secure. she had a class in my country (philippines), her classes were so expensive. hehe but one of her students who is also a teacher here shared about that she learned in gg craft's class that u can still use swiss meringue. whats important is getting the right temperature. so i was thinking what if whipping my egg whites cold and butter cold. im gonna make cake tomorrow and will try cold method. lets see if its ok. 

Beero Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beero Posted 9 Dec 2016 , 10:43am
post #17 of 21

@iamkrisler ‍  Ok, I will also try it for my friends birthday cake soon, Here is my Instagram profile https://www.instagram.com/beeroalhashmi/  keep on touch since we have the same interest lol <3 

iamkrisler Posted 11 Dec 2016 , 3:24pm
post #18 of 21

hi everyone,

I tried making my SMBC, with cold egg whites and cold butter, it didnt turn out translucent or very glossy. haha but i think im gonna stick with this method coz it doesnt melt easily and very spreadable. considering that i live in philippines (tropical-very hot) , this easier to work with. 

Will try Italian meringue next time. 

sarahpark94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpark94 Posted 11 Dec 2016 , 6:42pm
post #19 of 21

I really recommend the Italian Meringue Method! Just cool the meringue first! Also! My instagram is www.instagram.com/sarangatti come follow me! 

Lund-Canada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lund-Canada Posted 15 Dec 2016 , 5:09am
post #20 of 21

@sarahpark94 : your flowers look so glossy and beautiful 

would you mind sharing your recipe to us here or to my personal email?

my email is : [email protected]

please and thanks in advance

regards!

ryanmike Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ryanmike Posted 1 Feb 2018 , 10:43pm
post #21 of 21

Hi sarahpark94. Would you mind sharing your recipe and techinques for your Italian Meringue Glossy Buttercream? Your photos are stunning and I would love to make this for my friends birthday at the end of the month.

My email address is [email protected]

Thanks in advance.

Patti

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%