Friday Night Cake Club For 11/18/16

Decorating By catlharper Updated 3 Dec 2016 , 5:21am by catlharper

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 19 Nov 2016 , 3:31am
post #1 of 27

Opening up another FNCC! ALL levels of cakers are welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if they can!

Cat

26 replies
catlharper Posted 19 Nov 2016 , 3:32am
post #2 of 27

I'm at work right now but as soon as I get home I'll post a photo of my hubby's birthday cake!

Cat

catlharper Posted 19 Nov 2016 , 5:55am
post #3 of 27

Ok, home at last. So I made my hubby a honey-vanilla cake filled with vanilla buttercream and reeses peanut butter cups. Then I covered it in ganache and finished it with whipped ganache and more Reeses. It thought it was a bit dense but everyone raved over it.[postimage id="5759" thumb="900"]

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 19 Nov 2016 , 6:24am
post #4 of 27

Wow that looks wonderful and sounds delicious.  I am making a small three tier cake for my niece. I will post a picture tomorrow. I am going to put it together when I to my sisters. 

Looking forward to see what every one else is doing.

Have a great weekend.

LelekBolek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LelekBolek Posted 19 Nov 2016 , 12:14pm
post #5 of 27

chocolate and ganache must be in the air! I am making a cake for my MIL's birthday. Not a very spectacular kind - we have had some tough times here with my husband's health, and I had to put many cake-making and elaborate designs on hold, but just to celebrate. Mine is a chocolate fudge cake, with whipped raspberry ganache, and it will have various chocolates on it, as well, as a decoration. I will post photo maybe next time.

Meantime, made some cupcakes for a pre-Thanksgiving occasion.  Nothing new again here, a tried and true design, big with the kids (it was for a daycare center). Simple vanilla or chocolate, with a flavored buttercream and ganache.

[postimage id="5760" thumb="900"]

Marian64 Posted 19 Nov 2016 , 7:30pm
post #6 of 27

[postimage id="5761" thumb="900"]@LelekBolek ‍ I so want one of those turkey cupcakes.

This is my 3 tier emoji cake for my niece. She loved the cake and plans on eating the top tier  by herself at least it was only 3 inches.

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 20 Nov 2016 , 4:41am
post #7 of 27

@catlharper ‍ Your cake looks yummy!

@LelekBolek ‍ those turkey cupcakes are really cute! Sorry to hear your husband us having health troubles.

@Marian64 ‍ fun cake! I've been wanting to do emoji cookies or cake pops but haven't gotten to it yet.

No cakes for me this week but will be busy in the coming weeks.  Tomorrow we are having a student pottery sale so fingers crossed for a successful day.   We provide refreshments for the shoppers and I almost always make some sort of cookie.  I had some extra sugar cookies in the freezer so just had to make the chocolate toppers for them.  Same idea as the Halloween ones I did.  Gave me a chance to try the mold out before Christmas.

Hope to see more creations :-) 

kstevens Posted 20 Nov 2016 , 4:42am
post #8 of 27

[postimage id="5762" thumb="900"]

catlharper Posted 20 Nov 2016 , 5:54am
post #9 of 27

Hi everyone!

Well, the cake was VERY popular...the family is now arguing about who gets this same cake for their birthday! LOL! 

@LelekBolek ‍ Those turkey cupcakes are hysterical! Simply love them! Sorry to hear that your hubby is ill. I do hope life lightens up soon!

@Marian64 ‍ Love the emoji's....especially the right one on the top!

@kstevens ‍ Those are my favorite type of Christmas cookie! I have to be honest and admit that I never thought to make them myself! LOL!  SO cute!

For those of you in America, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving week. We will be OFF this upcoming Friday due to the holiday so I'll catch you back up on Friday the 2nd!

Cat

LelekBolek Posted 20 Nov 2016 , 2:13pm
post #10 of 27

Thank you for your well wishes. 

I made another dozen of cupcakes fir my son's soccer team post-tournament treat. they are playing second day today (8 year olds but 23 year-old-wanna-bes))) Chocolate and vanilla cupcakes, with orange vanilla swirl.

@kstevens ‍ i love those kind of cookies. they make me think of skiing, as in some ski resorts they are given out on some random days up on the mountain! 

[postimage id="5763" thumb="900"]

Mralexmunday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mralexmunday Posted 20 Nov 2016 , 6:41pm
post #11 of 27

[postimage id="5764" thumb="900"]

This is a Birthday cake my wife Zoe made for a friends son last night. I also made a time lapse of her making it.

Marian64 Posted 20 Nov 2016 , 11:32pm
post #12 of 27

@Mralexmunday ‍ just wow the cake is amazing. I bet he loved it. I also got a kick out of watching the video she makes it look so easy.

ElizabethsCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 23 Nov 2016 , 8:46am
post #13 of 27

[postimage id="5788" thumb="900"]

LelekBolek Posted 26 Nov 2016 , 1:35pm
post #14 of 27

Here is my chocolate-everything cake, for my MIL's birthday. She loved it. We all did - we had it at Thanksgiving dinner for dessert, and everyone said the flavor was delicious (choco-fudge with raspberry whipped ganache filling, and chocolate cream for different texture and switch of flavors, and more chocolate everywhere, chocolate-covered raisins and coffee beans, etc).

I made the 75 out of chocolate, too.

[postimage id="5799" thumb="900"]

LelekBolek Posted 26 Nov 2016 , 1:35pm
post #15 of 27

[postimage id="5800" thumb="900"]

LelekBolek Posted 26 Nov 2016 , 1:36pm
post #16 of 27

Although I have to admit, this was a "last minute" cake. 

Marian64 Posted 26 Nov 2016 , 3:55pm
post #17 of 27

@LelekBolek ‍ let me tell you there is nothing about that cake looks last minute and you have my mouth watering. I am going to have to google this whipped raspberry ganache it sounds like the perfect combination with chocolate.

LelekBolek Posted 27 Nov 2016 , 7:17pm
post #18 of 27

what happened to this week's FNCC?  It's pretty much the only thing I check here regularly ))))

@Marian64 ‍ Thank you.  I strained raspberry coulis-like concoction to rid of seeds, and mixed into whipped ganache. It was definitely a great combination. I also think it added moisture to the filling, and once in the cake, it made the cake also very tender. I recommend to serve this kind of cake after 2+ hours at room temperature. It was so smooth and creamy, but not greasy at all!

Marian64 Posted 27 Nov 2016 , 8:17pm
post #19 of 27

@LelekBolek ‍I think Cat mentioned not doing it this week because of the Thanksgiving holiday. 

This is the cake I made for my great niece's first birthday. Not perfect but she will enjoy it.

[postimage id="5802" thumb="900"]

kstevens Posted 28 Nov 2016 , 12:45am
post #20 of 27

@LelekBolek ‍  as mentioned by @Marian64 ‍  ‍ , Cat took the week off from FNCC due to it being Thanksgiving in the US.  i was goiung to take over for the week but I was too busy working on a cake for yesterday morning.  I'll post it later on.

Hope eveyone had a great week!

GIGGLEBOX2014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 29 Nov 2016 , 7:55am
post #21 of 27

@LelekBolek ‍ that chocolate cake is to die for! Looks delish!

GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 29 Nov 2016 , 10:33am
post #22 of 27

These were my little turkey cupcakes for both of my daughter's classes for their Thanksgiving parties. I did simple vanilla and chocolate cupcakes with vanilla buttercream. I found these cuties on YouTube and my kiddos had to have them. lol

[postimage id="5812" thumb="900"]

GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 29 Nov 2016 , 10:34am
post #23 of 27

[postimage id="5813" thumb="900"]

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 2 Dec 2016 , 2:34am
post #24 of 27

So these were from my orders last week but November has been ridiculously busy so only posting now. More fresh flowers on semi-nakeds and a little puppy dog cake too.

[postimage id="5826" thumb="900"][postimage id="5827" thumb="900"][postimage id="5828" thumb="900"]

Marian64 Posted 2 Dec 2016 , 2:57am
post #25 of 27

@me_me1 ‍The naked cakes look great, but that puppy cake is adorable!!!

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 2 Dec 2016 , 3:14am
post #26 of 27

Ta very much @Marian64 ‍!!    

catlharper Posted 3 Dec 2016 , 5:21am
post #27 of 27

Hi everyone,

The website is acting REALLY weird! I log in and then go to start a conversation thread and another website wants me to log in again! Too weird for me. Hope everyone's week was great!

Cat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%