Midi Cupcake Pans

Baking By smile22 Updated 10 Nov 2016 , 1:19am by cakechemist

smile22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smile22 Posted 1 Nov 2016 , 4:24pm
post #1 of 7

I am in a contest where I am using a local craft beer to create a cupcake if I win the first round I go to the semi finals if I make finals I'll be at a chocolate expo. I need to bring sample size cupcakes so people can vote and full size cupcakes for purchase.

u use the standered size liners you get at the craft store for my regulars. I can get midi size liners for  my samples but they don't fit my Wilton 24 count mini pans 

does anyone use midis and if so what brand pans do you use 

bonus anyone have suggestions on what goes good with beer my beer is a stout with expresso notes chocolate and a nutty flavor 

6 replies
SweetNeddy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetNeddy Posted 1 Nov 2016 , 5:58pm
post #2 of 7

Most stores that sell cupcake liners, sell the ministry. Where did you buy the pans? Wilton has mini cupcake liners, perhaps find a store that sells the pans - they might have liners as well.

Chocolate is probably the most common flavor to go with stout - maybe a good reason to do something different. A malt flavor might enhance the malt in the beer - maybe with a dark fruit like black cherry. Get a few bottles of beer and taste some different foods/sweets with them. Dates, figs... brown butter... molasses. You'll figure out what works.

Good luck!!

smile22 Posted 1 Nov 2016 , 7:32pm
post #3 of 7

Hi don't have the pans I can order the midis online but they don't sell bakeware 

SweetNeddy Posted 1 Nov 2016 , 7:45pm
post #4 of 7

"I can get midi size liners for  my samples but they don't fit my Wilton 24 count mini pans"

Are the liners too small or too big? I don't know where you are - but most stores that sell regular size liners will have the mini size as well. Do you have time to order online? Does the sample have be a mini cupcake, or could you cut samples from an actual?

SweetNeddy Posted 1 Nov 2016 , 8:09pm
post #5 of 7

Quote by @SweetNeddy on 1 second ago

"I can get midi size liners for  my samples but they don't fit my Wilton 24 count mini pans"

Are the liners too small or too big? I don't know where you are - but most stores that sell regular size liners will have the mini size as well. Do you have time to order online? Does the sample have be a mini cupcake, or could you cut samples from an actual cake?

smile22 Posted 1 Nov 2016 , 11:02pm
post #6 of 7

I am looking for the size in between the minis and the regular size that you have to order from a specialty store they are 2 inches in diameter I believe and they were two large for my mini pans and they were to small for my standered size pans 

cakechemist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakechemist Posted 10 Nov 2016 , 1:19am
post #7 of 7

Cephalon makes them

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%