Help!!!!! Hulk Hand Coming Out Of Cake

Decorating By edemastus Updated 2 Nov 2016 , 1:35am by Snow_Cakes

edemastus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edemastus Posted 31 Oct 2016 , 3:20am
post #1 of 6

HELP!!

I have a cake that I am doing (picture below) and I am not a huge fan of covering cake in fondant but will do it when needed.  I don't know how best to do this.  Is there anyone who can help me, walk me through how to make the fondant look like it is being busted through.

Thank you![postimage id="5523" thumb="900"]

5 replies
ElizabethsCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 31 Oct 2016 , 4:15am
post #2 of 6

Just cover your cake with blue fondant like normal then use a sharp knife to cut the fondant like you would a pie. Only cut as big as you want it. Carefully pull back the blue. You can now cut triangles of red and put them on the blue.

edemastus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edemastus Posted 31 Oct 2016 , 4:19am
post #3 of 6

Thank you!! I was thinking that maybe I can put like a 4" cardboard on the cake before covering it to make sure it doesn't get buttercream on it.  I think that is what I was most worried about is how to do it without getting buttercream on the fondant.

ElizabethsCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 31 Oct 2016 , 4:24am
post #4 of 6

It doesn't matter if it gets buttercream on it you'll cover it up anyways. Any spots that show you can clean up with a damp paintbrush 

moreCakePlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moreCakePlz Posted 1 Nov 2016 , 1:45pm
post #5 of 6

@edemastus ‍ 

Here is a link on cake central about making the exploding cake

http://www.cakecentral.com/forum/t/722388/how-to-make-explosion-effect-on-top-of-fondant-cake

You can also search "explosion cake effect" and you will find a bunch of different methods. 

I cut out circles of the different fondant colors and stack them under the fondant covering the cake.  When you cut the wedges (like you are cutting a pizza) you cut through the top layer of fondant and all the fondant circles underneath.  Then you peel back and curl each wedge as a single unit with multiple colors.  I also put a circle of wax paper between the buttercream and the first fondant circle so it doesn’t stick to the buttercream.   

Snow_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Snow_Cakes Posted 2 Nov 2016 , 1:35am
post #6 of 6

I did one similar on Saturday. I made some fondant triangles and let them dry over a curved rack, then placed them around the bottom of the hand. I didn't concentrate too much on the busting out part due to it being covered a bit by the name and such. But these suggestions above are great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%